This topic covers basic information essential for effective work with RealityCapture - how to select multiple images at once.
You can multiselect images in the 1Ds, 2Ds, 3D, as well as in MAP view. All selections are displayed in all open views simultaneously.
Applicable in 1Ds/2Ds view
- To select/deselect several photographs at once, hold the ctrl key and click the ones you want to include in/exclude from the selection.
- In order to select several images in a row, click the first one, then click the last one while holding the shift key.
Applicable in 1Ds, 2Ds, 3Ds and MAP view
- You can also select all pictures at the same time by using the shortcut ctrl+a. To deselect all objects, use ctrl+d, or simply click anywhere outside the selection. You can also click the / button in the SCENE 3D/TOOLS tab in the Registration & Sparse Point Cloud part.
- ctrl+i inverts a selection - all the images that had not been selected before will become selected. You can also click the button in the SCENE 3D/TOOLS tab in the Registration & Sparse Point Cloud part.
Applicable in the 3Ds and/or MAP view
- In the 3Ds and MAP view you can select cameras also with the Camera Lasso tool (c key) - hold the left-mouse key and move it in the desired direction and extent. This tool can be found also in the SCENE 3D/TOOLS tab in the Registration & Sparse Point Cloud part or just press the c key.
- Another option is to select cameras by the Camera Rect tool - to do so, hold the left-mouse key and define the size of the rectangle by moving it at the same time. This tool can be found also in the SCENE 3D/TOOLS tab in the Registration & Sparse Point Cloud part or by using a shortcut (shift+c).
- Hold CTRL key while selecting an item to add it to the current selection.
- Hold SHIFT key while selecting an item to remove it from the current selection (applicable also with Camera Lasso and Camera Rect tool).
- You can hide and show selected cameras in 3Ds view, or unhide all hidden cameras simply by clicking the respective buttons in the SCENE 3D/VIEW tab in the Alignment Cameras part.
The number of selected images is shown in the Selected Inputs table in the 1Ds/2Ds view.
Exporting and Importing an Image List
- The Export part of the ALIGNMENT tab exports all enabled or selected images and/or laser scans in the project. By using the above-mentioned principles of image multi-selection, you can select just a particular set of images to be exported. This export creates a new text file containing
alphabetically ordered names of the images and/or laser scans, starting with their location on your drive.
button in the
- To import an image list (which may also contain laser scans), go through the Import & Metadata part of the WORKFLOW tab.
button in the
- You can also select images with the help of an Image List.