CMPMVS, Bundle Out & Co.
If you have camera poses and undistorted images already, you can use
RealityCapture just to create 3D models, texture and color them.
RealityCapture allows easy loading and re-factoring of CMPMVS projects.
A CMPMVS project consists of pairs of images and text files. It is assumed that the camera distortion has been removed
from the images and text files contain camera poses stored as 3x4 projection matrices.
To import a CMPMVS project:
- Locate the CMPMVS project folder with images. It is the one which contains "image_file_name.ext" and "image_file_name_P.txt" files.
- Add images from this folder to the application. Do not add .txt files to the selection. RealityCapture searches for the associated .txt files automatically.
If the .txt files are present, the system will set up the camera parameters automatically.
- Run (F6). RealityCapture alignment engine will use the existing camera information and it will also add images for which camera poses have not been provided.
Bundle-Out has become a standard in academia. RealityCapture allows direct loading of bundle-out projects.
How to open a bundle-out project:
- Click on the application logo in the top-left corner to open the file menu.
- Select (ctrl+O).
- Change the file extension type to Bundle-out project.
- Select your .out file and confirm the selection by clicking the
button or using the shortcut.
After opening a bundle-out project, you do not need to run alignment again. You can continue and directly calculate a 3D model.
Bundle-Out import restrictions:
- Images are named as number.jpg, e.g., 55.jpg or 00055.jpg. In the latter, the file name is always at most 5 letters long. Only the jpeg file format is supported. Image numbering starts with 0 or 1 and, depending on the N-1 or N ending, where N is the number of images.
- Images are assumed to be undistorted.
- Distortion model is ignored.
- Image alignment tutorial click here
- Other methods for importing and exporting camera pose and calibration information click here