If you want to reconstruct just a specific part of a scene, you can place and/or modify a reconstruction region. If you want to reconstruct the whole scene, then just skip this step. From the practical point of view, it is reasonable to restrict the reconstruction to a reasonable area. By doing this you will speed up a model computation, as unimportant parts of the scene will not be considered at all.
- Select the MESH MODEL tab and look for the Pre-steps (Optional) part.
- Click the button, which will create the reconstruction region automatically in the 3Ds view.
- If you open the
dropdown menu, you will have more options to create a reconstruction region:
- an option to detect a reconstruction region automatically based on the size of the point cloud (
- CLICKS define the base of the reconstruction region on the grid, and the third CLICK defines the height of the reconstrution region. Height doesn't have to be just above the grid.
- create a reconstruction region on the grid with three clicks of the left mouse button. First two
- Clipping Box into the reconstruction region. However, this will not clear the clipping box.
- this option will transform the
- CLICKING onto the model. First two clicks define the width of the reconstruction region, the third click defines the length of the region, and the fourh click defines the height of the reconstruction region.
- create a reconstruction region by
- if you are using control points you can create a reconstruction region on them with this option which enables snapping onto the control points. Use three points to define the base of the reconstruction region - the first two to define the width and the third one to define the length. The fourth one can be used to define the height of the region.
- 3Ds view.
- clear the reconstruction region from the
If you chose to create a reconstruction on the grid, move your mouse into the 3Ds view:
- Click the left mouse button to define the top-left corner of the bottom side of the region (origin).
- Move the mouse to define the base of the reconstruction box (width and length).
- Click the left mouse button to confirm the bottom side of the region.
- Move the mouse to adjust the height of the region.
- Click the left mouse button to confirm the region.
Define the box and use the box widget to move and/or rotate and/or adjust dimensions of the region.
TIP: You can rotate a scene, change a view or continue the box creation in another view.
Use the right click to return back to the previous step. Use bullets on the sides of the box to adjust the box dimensions.
Export and Import the Reconstruction Region
You have the option to use the reconstruction region also in another projects. You can use the Export part of the SCENE 3D/TOOLS tab to export the reconstruction region.
To import it into another project you can use the button, which you can find in the Pre-steps (Optional) part of the MESH MODEL tab.
button in the
- Learn how to set the box position and orientation manually click here
- Learn how to rotate and translate a scene click here